News Flash

Public Works

Posted on: February 2, 2021

What If the Power Goes Out?

What if the power goes out?

We've had a number of questions regarding what to do if the power goes out and how to report an outage. We've made a couple of changes in order to better facilitate this information flow. 

Here's what to do:

1. Call the main Public Works phone number to report any issues for any city-owned utilities (electric, water, sewer): 785-594-6907. After hours, listen to the menu options and press * for the answering service.

2. If you have already called, or if the problem is not urgent, you may fill out this form. This option will send your information via email.

3. The City is not responsible for any information you share into local Facebook groups, nor is messaging us on Facebook an efficient way to get service. Please use the phone number as a first line of contact.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Public Works


2020 Consumer Confidence Report

Posted on: April 26, 2021

10th Street Closed through December 11th

Posted on: December 8, 2020
east sewer interceptor

East Sewer Interceptor Project Overview

Posted on: August 14, 2020
Now Accepting Mowing Bids

City Seeks Mowing Bids

Posted on: May 19, 2021