Board of Zoning Appeals
- 7 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Baldwin Library Activities Room
700 7th Street
Baldwin City, KS 66006
Please Note: Meeting are held only when there is an agenda item.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) will remain a separate entity from the Planning Commission, but shall be composed of the same individuals who serve on the Planning Commission with the same terms of appointment.
- Richard Dechant - Chairperson
- Matt Kirby - Vice-Chairperson
- Dustin Baker
- Ted Madl
- Joe Salb
The Board of Zoning Appeals shall have the following powers:
- In accordance with the specific provisions of this Article, to authorize upon appeal of specific cases such variance from the terms of these Regulations as will not be contrary to the public interest where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the provisions of these Regulations would result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of these Regulations shall be observed and substantial justice done.
- To hear and decide those special exceptions to the terms of these Regulations upon which such Board is required to pass under these Regulations.
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of these Regulations.
It is important for the BZA to establish the facts surrounding each development issue as clearly as possible, so that decisions are not based on misinformation or conjecture.
Additional questions may be directed to the Ed Courton, Community Development Director at 785-594-6427.